Creating space and time
. . . for things that really matter.
Now offering virtual and in-person organizing services and productivity consulting.
Are you overwhelmed by your belongings or tasks?
If it feels like you’ve lost control of your stuff or schedule, I can help you get on top of it all, so you can get back to the things that really matter in your life.
Busy Parents | Retirees | Working Professionals | People with Chronic Illness or Disability . . . and More!
Serving Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake, VA for in-person organizing,
and everywhere for virtual services, including organizing and productivity consulting.
How I can help:
Home Organization & Decluttering
I can tackle any space in your home: from your whole house to a closet, pantry or cupboard. No space is too large or small. We can work virtually or safely in person. Common areas in need of help:
- Kitchen or pantry
- Memorabilia, collections, storage ideas.
Productivity & Time Management Consulting
If you feel you could be making better use of your time or are overwhelmed by your todo list or projects in work or home, I can help.
- Assessment and adjustment recommendations of how you make use of your time.
- Workflow planning for home office, remote work and/or household efficiency
- Household or work paper management & filing systems
- Advice and resources for improving your level of productivity at home or in work.
Coaching and Mastermind Groups
If you have ideas or dreams for personal growth, but need help actualizing them, you could benefit from either of these services I provide:
- Coaching provides a way for me to help you be the expert in finding your solutions, through powerful questioning.
- As part of a Mastermind group, you will find support, resources and accountability from several other group members in pursuit of goals aligned with yours, whether it’s starting a new career or other life pursuit.
“I really appreciate Sara’s approach to organizing. She took into account what would work for our family’s lifestyle and then we made a plan of how to organize our things for real life, not a magazine. The most amazing part is that it has stayed organized because everything has a home! . . . If you want to get organized and STAY organized, Sara is the one for the job!”
On-site and Virtual
In sessions lasting between 2 and 6 hours, we will work together to clear your clutter and create systems that work best for you in your space. I will:
- Motivate you and support your decisions.
- Help you determine how to discard items you don't want.
- Teach you organizing skills and provide coaching to help you develop new habits, if desired.
- Take donations to a charity of your choice.
- After virtual organizing sessions, send detailed emails following each session, outlining homework for you to do and links to products and resources.
- Provide email and text support between sessions.
- Transform the organizing process from drudgery to fun!
Managing time (and how you fill it) is not unlike organizing your home or workspace. There is limited space for doing what you want or need to do, and you need to be deliberate in how and where you place (schedule) your tasks. As your productivity consultant, I will:
- Provide a comprehensive assessment of your current strategies for getting things done.
- Educate you about time management and productivity concepts and strategies.
- Help you understand your own challenges and strengths around managing time and accomplishing goals,
- Work with you to develop action-oriented steps toward achieving your goals and avoiding overwhelm.
This new offering is an exciting format for wrapping your head around goal-setting, identifying action steps and gaining accountability. You will get a lot of bang for your buck! In a mastermind group, you will:
- Meet regularly with a small group of people with similar interests and goals to discuss moving those goals forward.
- Give and receive feedback, resources, brainstorming and accountability around goals you've set for yourself.
- Communicate with other group members between meetings to offer and receive support and ideas.
- Have the option to receive 1:1 coaching from me to clarify your direction, goals and action steps.
What do you think?
Learn more about getting started on your organizing project.
A Blog of Sorts
Tips for creating space and time for things that really matter.
Professional organizers are in the business of dealing with overwhelm, so I know it when I see it. While the pandemic and summer have provided some means for slowing down a bit, there's a flip side as well. Kids will be starting school this month or next, but where...
It's easy to become overrun by paper — it arrives in the mail, comes home with kids, and lives with us as memorabilia we don’t know what to do with. Paper piles can become a serious source of stress when we can't find what we need and don't know what we have. Here are...
Whether you're staying home more because of a pandemic, or you've just settled into routines of life, you may have developed new habits or behaviors that are unhealthy or time-wasters. No matter what's going on in the world, it’s a good idea to occasionally review...
Sara Cummings, M.A.