Creating space and time
. . . for things that really matter.
Are you overwhelmed by your belongings or tasks? Do you feel like you’re floundering, unable to create the direction or motivation you need to accomplish what you want?
If it feels like you’ve lost control of your stuff or schedule, I can help you get on top of it all, so you can get back to the things that really matter in your life.
Busy Parents | Retirees | Working Professionals | People with Chronic Illness or Disability . . . and More!
Serving Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake, VA for in-person organizing,
and everywhere for virtual services, including organizing and productivity consulting.
How I can help:
Home Organization & Decluttering
I can tackle any space in your home: from your whole house to a closet, pantry or cupboard. No space is too large or small. We can work virtually or safely in person. Common areas in need of help:
- Kitchen or pantry
- Memorabilia, collections, storage ideas.
Productivity & Time Management
If you feel you could be making better use of your time or are overwhelmed by your todo list or projects in work or home, I can help. I will provide:
- An assessment of how you make use of your time, structure your life, and manage your tasks.
- Workflow planning for home office, remote work and/or household efficiency.
- Household or work paper management & filing systems.
- Advice and resources for improving your level of productivity at home or in work.
Life 2.0 Coaching
Do you have a hobby or passion you’d like to turn into a business? Maybe you’re in a stage of transition in your life and aren’t sure what comes next. If you have big ideas and dreams for personal growth – for income or exploring a new chapter in your life – but need help actualizing them, you could benefit from coaching.
- Coaching is a way for you to collect your thoughts and consider new ones.
- I will help you gain clarity through powerful questioning and deep listening.
- Together, we will create strategies and action steps for realizing your goals.
- Coaching is helpful for anyone in transition: empty nesters; first career retirees; aspiring solopreneurs.
- If you’re not sure what’s next, the coaching process will help you discover it!
“I really appreciate Sara’s approach to organizing. She took into account what would work for our family’s lifestyle and then we made a plan of how to organize our things for real life, not a magazine. The most amazing part is that it has stayed organized because everything has a home! . . . If you want to get organized and STAY organized, Sara is the one for the job!”
In sessions lasting between 2 and 6 hours (or 1 hour if working virtually), we will work together to clear your clutter and create systems that work best for you in your space. I will:
- Motivate you and support your decisions.
- Help you determine how to discard items you don't want.
- Teach you organizing skills and provide coaching to help you develop new habits, if desired.
- Take donations to a charity of your choice.
- Provide email and text support between sessions.
- Transform the organizing process from drudgery to fun!
Managing time (and how you fill it) is like organizing your home or workspace: There is limited space for doing what you want or need to do, and you need to be deliberate in how and where you place (schedule) your tasks. As your productivity consultant, I will:
- Provide an assessment of your current strategies for getting things done.
- Educate you about time management and productivity concepts and strategies.
- Work with you to develop action-oriented steps toward achieving your goals and avoiding overwhelm.
- Provide support and accountability throughout.
Life 2.0 Coaching
What exactly is coaching? Really, it's the creation of a relationship in which you and your interests and ideas are front and center. I act as a thought partner, sounding board, and accountability setter to help you get where you want to go.
- Coaching is a process for clarifying your values, motivation, and what matters most to you.
- Both compassionate and challenging, coaching promotes big dreams and personal responsibility.
- Coaching is not therapy; however it is a safe space to explore your motivations, goals and direction.
What do you think?
Learn more about how I can help you.
A Blog of Sorts
Tips for creating space and time for things that really matter.
Whether you’re trying to get and stay organized, accomplish more, or just make the most of life, mindfulness is a huge game changer.
The more you can identify your personal time wasters and plan accordingly, the more effectively you’ll use the time you have…to make more time for Netflix binging later!
Professional organizers are in the business of dealing with overwhelm, so I know it when I see it.
Sara Cummings, M.A.